Sunday, November 8, 2009

Warm autumn days are fading fast...


Today was an awesome family day for us. The weather has been unseasonably warm so we took full advantage of the 70 degree temperatures with a day at the park. As learned from previous adventures, having two adults is really the optimal situation as the girls are in different stages of their lives.

I am amazed at how much Ava is soaking up these days. Every night at dinner we say a prayer and she is already trying to say the "God is great" part of our prayer. It really touches me that she wants to pray as well. This week she also made the connection that lights are all over the place. Her favorite thing when we are changing her, is for her to point to the ceiling light and say "liiight". I was grocery shopping with her this weekend and she made the connection of "light" in the dairy section. She pointed and said "liiiight liiiight liiiight".


Olivia woke me up this morning standing right next to my bed. A tiny little hand softly taps on my shoulder and a whispering voice says, "Mommy, I'm hungry." It always makes me wake up with a jump, and I am surprised that our guard dog doesn't hear her and give her approach away. I think I woke up my mother this way and thought it was funny to see her jump. This is probably payback some how in the mother world.

She could hardly contain herself when she found out we were going to the park. O had been such a trooper before when her little sister dominated the activities. I told her to get dressed and she was dressed with shoes on in less than five minutes! I think that is a record for her. The hard part was waiting for everyone else to get ready in the time that she did. It was fun to explore the park through her eyes and see the simplicity of life that you out grow when you are an adult.

Our picnic lunch consisted of childhood staples: peanut butter sandwiches, Doritos, string cheese, animal crackers, and juice boxes.

We finished our day with ice cream too. Is there a more perfect autumn afternoon for kid? I think not.

No comments: