Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mama can we make cookies?

I woke up this morning with a very determined little girl who wanted to make cookies. Our day started like this:
O: Mama can we make cookies for breakfast?
Me: No, we are going to church.
O: Can we make cookies after church?
Me: We'll see.
I thought she would just forget about making cookies but I think we have a cookie addict on our hands! In the car after church she wanted to know if we could make cookies. After lunch she asked me if I "membered that one time we made cookies in the kitchen?"
So, I bribed her to take a good nap and we'd make cookies.
She slept 2 1/2 hours!!!! That is FANTASTIC for a three year old that is usually good for about 45 minutes.
Here she is doing the all important job of stirring the dry ingredients together. I usually have to add extra dry ingredients because most of it ends up on the counter, the floor, her clothes, and in her mouth. Olivia has learned not to do "big stirs" because she got a little carried away last time and fell off of her stool. Maybe that is why we've been putting off making cookies?The real reason she wanted to make cookies!

Um yeah, tried to make them with egg beaters and splenda....
learned my lesson....
Go big or go home.




No comments: