Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Jesus Eggs

Hello little blog! Sorry I have neglected you. It isn't because we haven't been busy, it's just that we really haven't done a great job documenting it lately. So, I sincerely apologize.

It was around January that I received a text from Aisha asking what we were doing for Easter. I love having family in town so I jumped at the opportunity to host the girls for the weekend. What's so great about having them here? The fact that we can fly by the seat of our pants and have a blast the entire time we are doing it. Even better....the little ladies got to see their aunties and I guess the Mr. gets to see his sisters. (Is it crazy that I enjoy them as much as I do??)

Friday night was just a travel day, as all the adults had just wrapped up a work week and with the Aisha and Annie getting in late night, we spent some much needed quality time in front of the television. What were we watching? Martin reruns! I love the fact that any one of my family can quote a scene from an episode and someone else can identify the episode and join in the fun. Bonus fun: identifying family members as part of the cast...who acts most like... Lots of laughs, which always leads to great family stories. My favorite is when the siblings make fun of each other and when they lovingly do impressions of Mr. and Mrs. Bell. It is all out of love but you can help but laugh too. As an in law, I've never felt like I was looking in. I've always felt like I was apart of the inner circle here. I think that is why I love each and every person in my family. I realize than not everyone can marry into a great family as I have so I am very appreciative of that.

Saturday was rainy so any outdoor activities were out the window. Annie, Aisha, the girls and I all went to the gym. It was Aisha's first time doing Zumba, but you really couldn't tell. It was fun to have her there and I'm glad we could share that together. On a side note: I don't think she was convinced that she'd work up a sweat, but after a few songs into it, we both had a nice glow. Would she do it again? Uhhh maybe only if she had a great partner like myself to do it with her. We also decided to try our hand at bowling that night as well. This would be Ava's first time bowling so I was curious as to how long it would hold her attention. She had difficulties carrying the 6 lb. ball but with a little assistance she learned how to throw the ball down the lane. Overall, she did pretty well but toward the end she was getting antsy. (Truth be told, Daddy bought the girls nachos and slushies so I think it was probably more of a sugar high than lack of attention.) Olivia was stellar at bowler. She has gone with her school a few times so it was old hat for her. Olivia was more excited about getting dressed up to go to the bowling alley with her purse, bracelet, and the oh so important chapstick. Love this girl. Always trying to look her best! As far as the adults are concerned...I won both games. This is not saying much though because my score was in the 110s for both games. Ha! But it was fun nonetheless.

Sunday was church and my first oven bag ham. The girls have been starring at their Easter dresses in their closets for weeks now. They've played dress up in them a few times but that was when I was gone and daddy was on duty. I wanted my babies to be the little gems that they are on Easter and they looked every bit the part. Here are some photos from our wonderful day:

I love this photo of her. Her face says so much.

3 Easter ladies all in a row

I love how both girls are making faces: one because they were told to and the other with help.

This is my personal favorite of the day.

Oh, and the title of this posting comes from preparing the deviled eggs on Sunday. I thought I was learning a new Mama Bellism but quickly found out it was me who wasn't catching the joke. Every time I said anything about deviled eggs, I was corrected by Annie, Aaron or Aisha that they were Jesus eggs especially on Easter. Why would you serve anything with the Devil's name in it? They analyzed scooping out the insides and filling it with artificial ingredients just like people who fill their lives with other things. It wasn't until after lunch that Aisha told me that they had made it up. Jokes on me. Fell for it. Hook. Line. Sinker.

No comments: