Sunday, September 30, 2012

Persistence


After a week of Daddy being gone for work, it was great to have everyone home.  Soccer filled our Saturday morning where Olivia took a ball to the face as goalie and fell on someone's cleat.  Being Mommy, I wanted to comfort her both times but when I go, she crumbles. It took everything I had to walk off the field after the face ball incident.  I love you so little one.  You have taught me so much in your seven short years here.  This year, I'm learning so much about your persistence.  You are so strong in reading while math comes harder.  Your so fast on the field beating your competitors to a ball but your ball skills aren't quite as good as others.  But You. Never. Give. Up.  As adults, we forget this mentality. Somewhere along the way, our fear of failure overtakes our hope of the dream.  My dear, in life, everything that you have a passion for, is worth fighting for.  No matter what the obstacle, if you believe in achieving it, you will.  

Ava this week is learning the letter F.  F, like flower.  F, like fork.  F like fountain.  It's a fun game the two of us play in the car in the morning as we get ready for Pre K.  You can now write your full name however sometimes the letters of your last name get mixed up.  This week you are very intrigued by dragons. One thing that I really love about you being four is that you are so girly right now.  Your favorite color is Pink and you want to wear a dress every single day.   You chose fun.  You make us all laugh with your silliness and crazy dancing.  

Swinging like "super woman"

The "I don't have to pump" swing-Ava


We all lost it when you tried this one on!


"Scary lady"



"Look, I'm like Grandpa!"--Olivia





Loving reading

Reading with Daddy

Olivia's reaction to scary halloween props

No comments: