In early March, we took the girls to the Barbie exhibit at the Children's Museum. It is times like these that make me so excited to have little girls. It allows me to remember times when I was younger playing dress-up with my sister pretending we were princesses with our mother's high heels except this time I get to relive it with my babies.
Olivia is at the age where playing princesses, dress-up, and house are daily occurrences. She isn't so much into Barbie yet, but when the commercials come on, she wants every new one that is out. Her favorite show is her namesake which doesn't surprise me because the main character has quite the imagination. Some of my favorite shots from our trip are below.
Necklace was ours from home but the face narrates her feelings on how she looks.
Taking a walk on the catwalk.(Stunning outfit: who wouldn't want to leave the house with a leopard print skirt and your pink boa?)
This is actually a close up shot of Olivia in a life size Barbie box.Her pose is all her own!
I know I'm her mom but Gosh is she cute!
Ava had a great time too. Right now she loves Dinosaurs. This is her pronunciation, "Din-no-SAUR" followed by a "ROAR" that is very quick. They go hand in hand every time she talks about it. At school, her teacher said they were playing with play dough and she made a dinosaur and made the roar noise as well. I guess that most kids don't make real things out of play dough at this age? I didn't know this, but it made me feel like "gee, my kid is smarter than the others in here." Not that I pride myself on those things, but it is nice to hear every now and then to back up the good job we all do as parents.
Her favorite phrases are "look at me mommy", "watch me mommy" and the one we are terribly sick of "there is a bird" or just "bird". This girl LOVES birds. I don't know if I have a mini zookeeper on our hands or what but she points them out in the car, in front of the house, going into the grocery store and doesn't stop until you confirm that it is or in some cases is not a bird.
Ava also loves to sing ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle. However, sometimes we get the remix version of both of them. Another passion of Ava's is the Muppet version of Rhapsody. She likes to do animal's part by yelling a husky "Mama" whenever she sees the video. Our house has definitely gotten noisier with the addition of her to our clan. With her dad, I guess I should have expected as much.
She is pointing to her goggles saying "eye"
A true little girl...not wanting to get dirty in the dinosaur dig(She doesn't want to get her hands dirty eating food..why did I think she'd want to do this??)
I know that I have several years of bows, headbands, mary jane shoes, twirly shirts, pink nail polish, barbie, house, and dress up to go. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment