I have wanted granite countertops since we bought this house. After many other essential upgrades, we decided it was time to redo our kitchen. Our countertop color before was an offwhite color that was difficult to keep clean and made our kitchen look dingy. Hello Granite! This color is called New Venetian Gold. We really love it and think it makes our kitchen look just splended!
We also had new flooring put in as well. The new back splash wasn't in when this picture was taken but it is a tumbled noce travertine tile with granite clips. We also splurged and got an undermounte sink. I didn't know what I was missing until I had one. Clean up is easier and you don't get that yucky ring of grime around your sink edges. My only dilemma is trying to figure out what color to paint the kitchen. I was trying to do something new and exciting like orange. When I bought a few samples of orange I hated every one of them. The kitchen was green before and sad to say, I think it will be going back to green once I get the time to paint it again. I need to contact HGTV and ask for David Bromstead to get some ColorSplash going on in here! The weather has just been too nice to stay inside and paint. I'll upload some pictures in the future when I have the kitchen completed.
No comments:
Post a Comment